The J-Pole is an excellent antenna for emergency communications. The antenna can be mounted almost anywhere. The J-Pole does not need a ground plane to operate.
Before you build you will need:
- 1/2″ copper pipe
- used is OK, just make sure you clean it well
- 3 x 1/2″ copper end caps
- 1 x 1/2″ copper tee
- 1 x 1/2″ 90° copper elbow
- lead-based solder
- solder rosin
- a hacksaw, with a sharp blade
- a tape measure
- Emery Cloth, or sandpaper, to smooth burrs and clean the copper
- quality coax for the frequency, distance from radio, and flexibility that you need.
Type in the centre frequency that you are going to use the antenna on. eg. 146MHz
Hit submit and the calculator will provide you with the dimensions of the copper needed.
Coast Emergency Communications Association by CECA is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.
You must be logged in to post a comment.