Get your car ready for winter driving conditions by:
- Make sure your tires are in good shape and are rated for the conditions. Check your spare tire too.
- Carry chains where required by law. Learn how to install the chains properly before you need them.
- Have all belts, hoses, brakes, and steering components checked by a licensed mechanic.
- Change your wind-shield wipers.
- Top up all fluids to the proper levels. Carry extra wind-shield fluid.
- Check your safety kit for blankets, water, food, extra medication, first aid supplies, and road markers
Keep care of yourself by:
- Not driving when sleepy, or under the influence.
- Not driving in poor conditions when it is not necessary.
- Planning your trip carefully and sharing your route with friends and family.
- NOT TEXTING or TALKING on a cell phone. Pull over safely when using a phone.
Learn more about road safety at the RCMP Road Safety Tips page.
Check out the BC Highway Cameras at http://www.drivebc.ca/ and plan your route accordingly.