Call for Nominations of Candidates for Regional Directorhttps://wp.rac.ca/call-for-nominations-of-candidates-for-regional-director/
Notice to RAC Members Residing in the Alberta/NWT/NU, Ontario South and Quebec Regions
The Secretary of Radio Amateurs of Canada Inc. hereby solicits nominations for the positions of Director for the Regions of Alberta/NWT/NU, Ontario South (postal codes L, M and N) and Quebec.
As described below the deadline for all original nominations and supporting documentation, including a biographical sketch, must be received by the RAC Secretary at the address indicated below by 12 noon on Friday, September 20, 2019. If required, an election for these positions will be held in October 2019 to take office on January 1, 2020 for a two-year term.
- Alberta/NT/NU: Ernest C. Clintberg, VE6EC
- Ontario South: Phil McBride, VA3QR
- Quebec: Guy Richard, VE2XTD
1. The Candidate:
- must be a Full Voting Member of RAC
- must have reached the legal age of majority
- must reside in the Region for which he or she is nominated
2. A candidate may not nominate himself/herself. 3. The nomination form will:
- be printed or typed
- clearly indicate the candidate’s name, call sign and RAC membership number
- clearly indicate the names, call signs, RAC membership numbers and original signatures of ten (10) or more full voting members of RAC
4. The nominators must have reached the legal age of majority and must reside in the same Region as the candidate whom they are nominating. 5. Each candidate must:
- sign the nomination form, indicating a willingness to be nominated
- include with the nomination a brief biographical sketch/CV limited to 500 words succinctly setting out his/her background and qualifications. A candidate choosing to submit a biographical sketch in both English and French languages will be allowed 500 words in each language. The biographical sketch will not include any campaign platform material.
6. Nominations must be sent to the following address: Secretary, Radio Amateurs of Canada720 Belfast Road, Suite 217Ottawa, ON K1G 0Z5 Note: Please clearly indicate on the mailing envelope that Nomination Documents are enclosed. 7. As indicated previously all original nominations and supporting documentation, including the biographical sketch, must be received by the RAC Secretary at the address indicated above by 12 noon on Friday, September 20, 2019. It is suggested (but not required) that the nomination forms be sent by registered mail. Faxed or emailed documents will not be accepted. The envelope will be held unopened until after the closing deadline of September 20, 2019. After this date, the Election Committee, under the supervision of the RAC Secretary, will open all submissions, review the documentation for accuracy, completeness and validity, and then announce the results of the Call for Nominations. The decision of the Election Committee is final. Should a balloted election be required, ballots will be mailed from RAC Headquarters on or before October 1, 2019.
RAC MarCom Director