Looking for a Christmas present ? How about a basic radio course. The Cowichan Valley Amateur Radio Society has a course in early January 2016. For more information go to
Download the new band plan by clicking on the link below.
After travelling for more than 110,800 km (68,696 mi) aloft, the record-setting pico balloon PS-46, carrying an Amateur Radio payload, completed its second circumnavigation of the Southern Hemisphere, before descending into the Indian Ocean on July 18 due to bad weather. The helium balloonand its solar-powered 25 mW payload were launched on May 23 by Andy Nguyen, VK3YT.
The chief developer of the National Traffic System passed away on March 24 2013. He was 99 years old and had an interesting life. For his story go to
[warning]Sandy is still dangerous as a post-tropical storm. Be aware of local evacuations and listen to the authorities.[/warning]
- Current crisis map can be seen at http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy?hl=en_gb&llbox=48.45%2C34.39%2C-58.21%2C-93.66&t=CM_CUSTOM_MAP_TYPE&layers=1330918331511%2C11%2C1337617652397%2C2%2C1337716071386%2C1337907303704%3A54&promoted
- Visit http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes to learn how to prepare for a hurricane.
- Learn about NYC evacuations at http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/hazards/storms_hurricaneevac.shtml
- Search for open shelters by texting:SHELTER and a Zip Code to 43362(4FEMA). Ex: Shelter 01234 (std rates apply) | Red Cross shelters
- Follow FEMA at http://www.facebook.com/fema & http://www.twitter.com/fema
FEMA DIRECTOR CALLS AMATEUR RADIO THE LAST LINE OF DEFENCE
Posted on September 29, 2012 by va7mpg
The website below will take you to the New York City ARES website where the comments of the FEMA director are documented. The comments are interesting and positive for amateur radio. http://nyc-arecs.org/last_line.html