Visit: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc for up to date information on #BCStorm
The Storm rapidly weakened as it approached the Philippines. Please watch transmissions on 7.095 For the full press release go to
[warning]Sandy is still dangerous as a post-tropical storm. Be aware of local evacuations and listen to the authorities.[/warning]
- Current crisis map can be seen at http://google.org/crisismap/2012-sandy?hl=en_gb&llbox=48.45%2C34.39%2C-58.21%2C-93.66&t=CM_CUSTOM_MAP_TYPE&layers=1330918331511%2C11%2C1337617652397%2C2%2C1337716071386%2C1337907303704%3A54&promoted
- Visit http://www.ready.gov/hurricanes to learn how to prepare for a hurricane.
- Learn about NYC evacuations at http://www.nyc.gov/html/oem/html/hazards/storms_hurricaneevac.shtml
- Search for open shelters by texting:SHELTER and a Zip Code to 43362(4FEMA). Ex: Shelter 01234 (std rates apply) | Red Cross shelters
- Follow FEMA at http://www.facebook.com/fema & http://www.twitter.com/fema
Much of Newfoundland has been put on hurricane watch, with all schools on the island closed for Tuesday morning, as tropical storm Leslie gathers strength and pushes toward the island.
Read the full article here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/story/2012/09/10/nl-hurricane-watch-leslie-910.html?cmp=rss
[notice]September 9, 2012 — Tropical Storm Leslie may once again reach hurricane status by the time it hits Newfoundland, likely on Tuesday.[/notice]
Please read the entire article at http://goo.gl/B9DGM
The latest information from your favourite weather station
[important]For Nanaimo try CWEL or CYCD
Vancouver try CYVR
Victoria try CYYJ
Find your METAR here : http://www.nws.noaa.gov/tg/siteloc.shtml
Bookmark http://weather.va7eca.ca/ to run this script whenever you want.
WOCN31 CWHX 071745 Tropical cyclone information statement updated by the Canadian Hurricane Centre of Environment Canada at 1:48 PM ADT Friday 7 September 2012. --------------------------------------------------------------------- Tropical cyclone information statement for: Labrador Newfoundland Nova Scotia Prince Edward Island. For tropical storm Leslie. Continue reading "Tropical Cyclone Information Statements"
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2012 16:05:01 +0000
From: Canadian Hurricane Centre
Subject: Information – Leslie – 2012-09-04 16:02:14 UTC
[notice]WOCN31 CWHX 041745
TROPICAL CYCLONE INFORMATION STATEMENT ISSUED BY THE CANADIAN
HURRICANE CENTRE OF ENVIRONMENT CANADA AT 1:01 PM ADT TUESDAY
4 SEPTEMBER 2012.[/notice]———————————————————————
TROPICAL CYCLONE INFORMATION STATEMENT FOR:
=NEW= ATLANTIC PROVINCES.
Continue reading “TROPICAL CYCLONE for Eastern Canada”