From getprepared.gc.ca here are the items that you will need in your vehicle for driving in adverse conditions, and in the event of an earthquake.
A basic kit should include:
- Candle in a deep can and matches
- Extra clothing and shoes
- First aid kit with seatbelt cutter
- Flashlight (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Food that won’t spoil (such as energy bars) List of contact numbers
- Radio (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Small shovel, scraper and snowbrush
- Warning light or road flares
Recommended additional items to keep in your vehicle:
- Antifreeze, windshield washer fluid
- Fire extinguisher
- Road maps
- Sand, salt or cat litter (non-clumping)
- Tow rope and jumper cables
Get the full brochure here: yprprdnssgd-eng
Follow @DriveBC for up to date road conditions
Follow @ShakeOutBC for earthquake awareness education.