Visit: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc for up to date information on #BCStorm
Please join us in using this week as a reminder to be prepared. The wildfire season has come with a vengeance and many communities have had to implement mandatory evacuations, as well as shelter-in-place advisories. Are you ready?
Here are some resources that you can use to plan for your family safety:
From getprepared.gc.ca here are the items that you will need in your vehicle for driving in adverse conditions, and in the event of an earthquake.
A basic kit should include:
- Candle in a deep can and matches
- Extra clothing and shoes
- First aid kit with seatbelt cutter
- Flashlight (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Food that won’t spoil (such as energy bars) List of contact numbers
- Radio (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Small shovel, scraper and snowbrush
- Warning light or road flares
Recommended additional items to keep in your vehicle:
- Antifreeze, windshield washer fluid
- Fire extinguisher
- Road maps
- Sand, salt or cat litter (non-clumping)
- Tow rope and jumper cables
Get the full brochure here: yprprdnssgd-eng
Follow @DriveBC for up to date road conditions
Follow @ShakeOutBC for earthquake awareness education.
The ARRL is sending kits to Hawaii to assist local hams in the event the lava flow situation changes. For all the details go to