Visit: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc for up to date information on #BCStorm
Category Archives: Safety
Emergency Preparedness Week May 1 – 7, 2016
Please join us in using this week as a reminder to be prepared. The wildfire season has come with a vengeance and many communities have had to implement mandatory evacuations, as well as shelter-in-place advisories. Are you ready?
Here are some resources that you can use to plan for your family safety:
Get your Vehicle Emergency Kit Ready
From getprepared.gc.ca here are the items that you will need in your vehicle for driving in adverse conditions, and in the event of an earthquake.
A basic kit should include:
- Candle in a deep can and matches
- Extra clothing and shoes
- First aid kit with seatbelt cutter
- Flashlight (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Food that won’t spoil (such as energy bars) List of contact numbers
- Radio (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Small shovel, scraper and snowbrush
- Warning light or road flares
Recommended additional items to keep in your vehicle:
- Antifreeze, windshield washer fluid
- Fire extinguisher
- Road maps
- Sand, salt or cat litter (non-clumping)
- Tow rope and jumper cables
Get the full brochure here: yprprdnssgd-eng
Follow @DriveBC for up to date road conditions
Follow @ShakeOutBC for earthquake awareness education.
ARRL DEPLOYING RADIOS TO HAWAII.
The ARRL is sending kits to Hawaii to assist local hams in the event the lava flow situation changes. For all the details go to
You must be logged in to post a comment.