Visit: https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=bc for up to date information on #BCStorm
An Email from Spaceweather.com
SOLAR FLARE AND CME: Big sunspot AR2473 erupted on Dec. 28th, producing an M1.9-class solar flare, a minor radio blackout in the southern hemisphere, and a coronal mass ejection (CME) that appears to be heading directly for Earth. This explosion sets the stage for possible geomagnetic storms later this week when the CME reaches our planet. Visit Spaceweather.com for more information.
From getprepared.gc.ca here are the items that you will need in your vehicle for driving in adverse conditions, and in the event of an earthquake.
A basic kit should include:
- Candle in a deep can and matches
- Extra clothing and shoes
- First aid kit with seatbelt cutter
- Flashlight (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Food that won’t spoil (such as energy bars) List of contact numbers
- Radio (crank or battery-powered). Replace batteries once a year.
- Small shovel, scraper and snowbrush
- Warning light or road flares
Recommended additional items to keep in your vehicle:
- Antifreeze, windshield washer fluid
- Fire extinguisher
- Road maps
- Sand, salt or cat litter (non-clumping)
- Tow rope and jumper cables
Get the full brochure here: yprprdnssgd-eng
Follow @DriveBC for up to date road conditions
Follow @ShakeOutBC for earthquake awareness education.
Be sure to follow @drivebc and click on the map for more information.
The Storm rapidly weakened as it approached the Philippines. Please watch transmissions on 7.095 For the full press release go to